Drive in worship begins Sunday, May 24 at 8:30 & 9:45 am in the Augustana north parking lot. All other activities at Augustana remain cancelled.
How do you describe Augustana?
The words we most often hear are “warm, welcoming, and real.” Since we are a part of the Lutheran faith tradition, we have many similarities not only to other Lutheran churches but also to many other denominations with whom we share a rich history. However, every congregation has a style and personality, and we hope you’ll find Augustana a good fit.
The size of our congregation means that you can find a wide variety of people and learning opportunities while still being known, loved, and included in church life. Our involvement in the wider community means you can make God known in the world in big and small ways, no matter your availability or resources.
Our focus on a faith life that is honest, engaging, and meaningful means that no matter where you are in your faith you will be challenged and comforted. We want to celebrate, proclaim, and share the gift of Jesus Christ with all, and whether this place feels fresh and renewing or familiar and established, we hope you’ll join us.
What can I expect on a Sunday morning?
Energy! With three worship services, education opportunities for all ages, and lots of conversation all over the building, Sunday mornings are busy around Augustana. Allow extra time to find a parking spot. Inside, you will find this is a place that loves to extend welcome and hospitality. Feel free to introduce yourself, ask questions, or just take it all in. Find your way to worship in the sanctuary at 8:30 and 9:45 am or in the Fellowship Hall at 11:00 am, pick up a bulletin, and prepare your heart and mind for worship.
How do I find out what’s going on at Augustana?
- Join us for worship on Sundays to hear announcements and read the information in the Connection Card.
- Check out the calendar section of the website.
- Pick up or subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
- Bookmark our home page to check for regular updates.
- “Like” us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram.
How do I get involved at Augustana?
There are many ways to get involved, whether you are interested in choir, adult education, or putting your faith into action with one of our local mission partners. Visit the “Grow and Connect” or “Act” sections of our website to learn more.
What adult education and fellowship does Augustana offer?
Explore our many adult education and small group opportunities. The monthly calendar, newsletter, and Sunday morning Connection Card are all excellent resources for adult opportunities.
What programs do you have for children and youth?
- Visit these website sections: Children & Families, Youth, Music.
- Check out the monthly newsletter and Sunday Connection Card.
- Stop by the Information Center to learn more about specific events, activities, and camps.
Do you have a preschool?
Yes! Our preschool is NAEYC accredited. Learn more on the preschool page.
What’s the Wednesday night congregational dinner all about?
We host a congregational dinner Wednesday nights when Confirmation and choirs meet. Menus are posted on the website calendar and in the monthly newsletter.
What do Lutherans believe?
We are a congregation of the Evangelical Church of America (ELCA) and the St. Paul Area Synod. Along with the greater church, we hold to the basic principles of Martin Luther’s theological teachings:
- We are not saved by our action. We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We act out of love for God and love for our neighbor.
- We trust God, who in Christ, promises us forgiveness and abundant life.
- The word of God revealed in the Bible is our norm for faith and life.
If I am interested in joining Augustana, what do I need to do?
Visit our membership page.